It's Sunday July 6th. Pardon me if I take a second to record one of life's blessings.
For the second week in a row, I was privileged to hold my little Grandson Dylan Ashworth Robinson in Church during Sacrament meeting. Today I sat him on my lap and snuggled him into the crook of my left arm, placing my right hand over his chest to snuggle him tight and give him a sense of security. My hand wrapped from one side of his chest around to the other, with some to spare--and Dyan opened his hand and placed his palm flat on the back of mine. His little hand rested there, periodically touching, patting, and grabbing at mine. What a blessing to hold him, with Christian and Katie right next to me! Last week, I was all ready for church in dress slacks and a white shirt. I thought, no that's not what I want to wear--so at the last minute I changed into a dark blue suit. I got to church, Christian and Katie sat down on the bench with us. Christian handed Dylan to me to hold. As I snuggled Dylan up to me, I saw that Katie had dressed Dylan in a dark blue double breasted little jumper, with cute white buttons and piping, that matched my dark blue suit and white shirt. It was fun to hold him close and think ahead a few years to a time when Dylan will be wearing a dark blue suit, bearing the priesthood, with a testimony of his own, serving Heavenly Father, and maybe getting ready to go on a mission.
Eternal thanks to Christian and Katie for bringing this wonderful child into the world, the right way, and for doing such a great job raising him!
Sorry, no pictures for this week's thoughts-- but go on the the posting for the 5th of July and our fun family activity at the Beach on July 4th.
Jeff
14 years ago
2 comments:
That was so sweet! Thanks Jeff! Dylan loves his Grandpa!
Good work Jeff!
Post a Comment