Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vacation August 2010--Ryan Starts BYU



Robyn and I returned from a one-week trip to Utah. We dropped Ryan off at BYU, spent time visiting with family and friends along the way. Some photos of our vacation.

As we were leaving, Joel Carter stopped by to wish Ryan good luck at school.

Jeff and Robyn along the trail in Park City, hiking with Jan and Sophie.

Ryan checking in to his new dorm room at Heritage Halls, BYU.

Ryan gives Mom a goodbye hug.

Some of Ryan's dorm-dwellers.
McKay, Josh, Ryan, Ben.
Thanks to Joyce, as always, for her wonderful hospitality. I call her home "Cape Canaveral--Bountiful" because we have launched each of our boys there.

Robyn and Jeff, leaving for California, by the scenic route, through Manti.

Small world, big coincidence.
Jeff and Robyn bump into Heather and Scott outside the Manti Inn!
What fun to see them.


Visiting some of the local sites in Manti after Scott and Heater left.
I am looking sad because I just received a phone call that a judge had ruled against my client.
I hate when that happens. It rained in Manti, marking a gloomy turn to the day.


Robyn and I stopped in the Venice/Glenwood area. Robyn's great grandparents were from Venice. It is very windswept and can appear somewhat bleak, although the irrigated fields were quite green.

A historic landmark by Glenwood/Venice.

Robyn likes to visit this old co-op store originally built in 1878 in "downtown" Glenwood, as part of the Glenwood United Order and later part of ZCMI. Robyn would like to see it refurbished, but it is currently a run-down shell. It will probably fall down before anything is done.

1 comment:

Marion and Steve said...

Thanks for the timely pics and information.
You and yours are truly awesome.
Mom and Dad